Top 10 Best Cars for Middle-Class Family In India
Finding a car in India is difficult because the market is wide, and there are dozens of possibilities available to potential consumers. The vehicles meant for the middle-class family range from little hatchbacks to huge SUVs and everything in between. Unlike the situation two decades ago, the Indian vehicle sector now offers a wide range of options, particularly for budget-conscious middle-class purchasers.
Here are some of the best cars for middle-class families in India in 2023, based on different factors such as room, comfort, amenities, simplicity of maintenance, and affordability:
- Price ranges from Rs 3.32 lakh and Rs 5.48 lakh.
- The Renault Kwid has single-handedly made the entry-level hatchback market desirable with its butch SUV-inspired appearance, large cabin, and a few new-age goodies like a fully digital instrument dashboard and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- The Renault Kwid is available with two petrol engines: a 0.8-liter engine that produces 54 PS and 72 Nm of torque and a 1.0-liter engine that produces 68 PS and 91 Nm of torque.
Maruti Suzuki WagonR
- Price ranges from Rs 4.80 lakh to Rs 6.33 lakh.
- Over the last two decades, the Maruti Suzuki WagonR has built a good reputation among middle-class purchasers as an easy-to-drive, spacious car that is also economical to own because of its great fuel efficiency and low maintenance expenses.
- The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is offered two petrol engine options: a 1.0-liter engine that produces 68 PS and 90 Nm of torque and a 1.2-liter engine that produces 83 PS and 113 Nm of torque. These engine options come with a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission.
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
- Price ranges from Rs 5.23 lakh to Rs 8.45 lakh.
- The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios has raised the desirability factor for hatchbacks thanks to its luxury design, fit and finish levels, and equipment list, attracting more younger customers.
- The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios comes with a 1.2-liter petrol engine with 83 PS and 114 Nm of torque or a 1.1-liter diesel engine with 75 PS and 190 Nm of torque. These engine combinations are available with a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed automatic transmission.
- Price ranges from 5.79 lakh to 9.55 lakh rupees.
- The Tata Altroz has steadily become one of the top favorites in the premium hatchback category, thanks to its incredibly beautiful and modern design inside and out, large cabin, and strong attention to safety and build quality.
- The Tata Altroz is available with three engine options. A 1.2-liter petrol engine with 86 PS and 113 Nm of torque and a 1.5-liter four-cylinder diesel engine are available. The turbocharged version of the 1.2-liter engine produces 110 PS and 140 Nm of torque, while the 1.5-liter diesel engine produces 90 PS and 200 Nm of torque.
Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- Prices range from Rs 5.98 lakh to Rs 9.02 lakh.
- Since its inception nearly a decade ago, the Maruti Suzuki Dzire has continuously ranked as one of the best-selling cars in the Indian car industry. Many middle-class automobile owners have been impressed by the Dzire’s ease of maintenance and driving, great fuel efficiency, and high resale value.
- The Maruti Suzuki Dzire has only one petrol engine option: a 1.2-liter engine that produces 90 PS and 113 Nm of torque in its most recent version.
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
- Prices range from Rs 8.52 lakh to Rs 11.50 lakh.
- The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is another sedan that has managed to wow middle-class and many upper-class purchasers with its big vehicle appeal at a low price.
- The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz currently has only one engine option: a 1.5-liter petrol engine that produces 105 PS and 138 Nm of torque.
- Prices range from Rs 5.50 lakh to Rs 7.95 lakh.
- The Renault Triber has carved out a unique subcompact MPV niche for itself, proving to be a practical and spacious vehicle for seven passengers. Flexible seating combinations, push-button start, and a touchscreen infotainment system are all available in the cabin.
- The Renault Triber is powered by a 1.0-liter petrol engine that produces 72 PS and 96 Nm of torque and a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT gearbox.
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- Prices range from Rs 7.81 lakh to Rs 10.59 lakh.
- The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga was responsible for the segment of compact MPVs in India, gaining substantial traction.
- The engine powering the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is a 1.5-liter mill, which produces 105 PS of power and 138 Nm of torque. It is combined with the car maker’s after-sales experience and fuel efficiency proficiency.
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Prices range from Rs 7.51 lakh to Rs 11.41 lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi)
- For a long time, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has been the segment leader in the small SUV segment, with its classic boxy and upright aspect and a nicely equipped and large cabin for a sub-four meter SUV.
- The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is only available with a 1.5-liter petrol engine in its current facelifted form. This engine produces 105 PS and 138 Nm of torque and is available with a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission.
- Prices range from Rs 6.92 lakh to Rs 11.76 lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi)
- The Hyundai Venue may be a late entrance into the sub-four-meter compact SUV segment. With a fresh approach to design and features inside and out and Hyundai’s strong customer-centric approach, it has managed to impress both young and old middle-class purchasers.
- The Hyundai Venue has three engine options: a 1.2-liter petrol engine, a 1.0-liter turbo petrol engine with 172 Nm of torque, and a 1.5-liter diesel engine.
These are the best cars for middle-class families, and they can be classified as hatchbacks, sedans, compact SUVs, and MPVs. So! Go ahead, make your choice.