When it comes time to bid farewell to your trusty pre-owned vehicle, one question inevitably lingers in your mind: “How can I sell my car easily?” And who want to go and work with a cunning private dealer, who won’t stop complaining about the vehicle and how it is worth just close to nothing! Now, you are left with only one good option, and that is selling your car online.
If you are new to selling cars online or better you are selling your first ever car, this blog is for you. To alleviate your confusion and help you navigate the process with ease, we’ve compiled a comprehensive guide with eight essential tips for selling your car online. Every year good number of cars sold by OEM’s and the sale numbers are increasing YOY.
1. Get Your Paperwork in Order
Before listing your car for sale, start by meticulously reviewing your paperwork. This includes the title, service history, owner’s manual, and warranty details. Having these documents on hand will not only instil confidence in potential buyers but also streamline their decision-making process. Providing comprehensive information about your vehicle boosts sell car online process and will appeal to more potential buyers.
2. Choose the Right Selling Platform
You have several options if you want to sell car instantly. You can opt for a reputed site like Droom. Droom offers easy listing and a bunch of other features that can help your car sell as soon as possible. Additionally, you can also feature your car in this platform if you are in a hurry – this shows your car result at the top and gives your listing more chance of selling faster.
3. Assess the Market Conditions
Take a moment to assess the current market dynamics before listing your vehicle. This step could potentially lead to a more favorable selling price. Consider the season during which you plan to sell your car and identify the categories of prospective buyers in the market. Pay close attention to specific car models that garner heightened interest and price ranges that are currently popular.
4. Price Your Car Competitively
In addition to understanding the market, it’s crucial to appraise the value of your vehicle accurately. Seek guidance from online valuation tools and explore car dealer websites showcasing used car prices. This research will help you determine a reasonable asking price for your car and ensure that you remain competitive in the market.
5. Prepare Your Car for Sale
To maximize the resale value of your used car, consider investing in a thorough detailing. This process should encompass vacuuming, upholstery cleaning, waxing, and an all-around enhancement of your vehicle’s appearance. A well-maintained car is more likely to attract potential buyers.
Don’t forget to –
- Check the essential oils and fluids (like engine oil and coolant)
- Check whether all the lights are working or not, including headlights, tail lights, fog lamps, indicators, dashboard lights
- Check the air in all the tyres and also check for any punctures in the spare tyre.
- Check all the functions are working properly and do not need last-minute repairs.
6. Capture Stunning Images
If you want to get rid of your vehicle quickly online, you need to create a good first impression. One way to highlight your vehicle and stop that scroll is by capturing good images. When photographing your vehicle, try to cover all sides of the interior as well as the exterior.
If your car has standout features like touchscreen infotainment, steering-mounted controls, or a sunroof, highlight those images to provide a comprehensive view of your car’s appeal.
7. Expand Your Listings Across Multiple Platforms
Consider listing your car on various online platforms, with prominent sites like Droom being excellent choices, but look beyond these marketplaces. Conduct thorough research to strategically position your listing where it will receive the most exposure like Facebook Marketplace. Additionally, explore options like placing ads on whichever platform you list your car. Regardless of your chosen approach, be mindful of potential listing fees and additional expenses.
8. Plan for Test Drive Requests
As you progress in the selling process, be prepared for potential buyers to request test drives. While this is a standard part of the process, it’s crucial to take precautions to protect yourself and your vehicle:
- Check Your Insurance: Contact your independent insurance agent or Travelers representative to ensure that your auto insurance policy covers test drives.
- Discuss Coverage: Inquire about the coverage provided by either your insurance or the potential buyer’s auto insurance in case of any damages during the test drive.
- Verify Identification: Document a snapshot of the prospective buyer’s driver’s license for your records.
- Choose a Safe Location: Arrange to meet in a secure location, such as a shopping center, police station, or local DMV, preferably during daylight hours.
- Bring a Companion: Consider enlisting the presence of a friend or family member during the test drive for an additional layer of security.
Now you know how to sell car online, you can now confidently work your way through the selling process. So, go ahead, put your car up for sale, and get one step closer to finding the perfect buyer for your cherished vehicle.