How to Get an International Driving Licence in India?
Do you have any plan to go on an international road trip? I hope this is one of our secret desire. A road trip to another city or a country gives us amazing pleasure, which is eternal. Even some bike lovers are motivated to go on a long trip where the adventure would be the last word. According to them, extreme adventure is what they want from that long trip. But are you aware of the essential thing to carry as you are going on a foreign county trip? It is not the bike, certainly. It is your international driving licence that gives you entry to another place. This article is all about how to get an international driving licence in India?
Except for this, the journey would be a futile effort. This is why it is always recommended to pack it up first and then think about some peripheral things. Now the thing is, when someone takes the initiative to make an international driving licence, she/he faces issues regarding this. It is not so complicated what it sounds like. As you make a driving licence card in India, you can make an international driving licence card also by going through some processes. Let’s dig deep into this.
First, let’s see what an international driving licence is. It is nothing but an official legal document that permits one to drive a car or 2-wheeler outside of India. It’s an essential document when you are driving abroad.
What are the advantages of an international driving licence card?
There are several advantages to making an international driving card.
- As a valid Indian driving licence card certifies that you have the capability of driving, an international driving licence also proves that the person is a responsible driver and capable of driving.
- This can also be your proof of identity because an international driving licence is also made in the local language.
- More than 150 countries across the world accept this as a valid document.
- If you have a driving licence card, you will be able to rent a car.
- An international driving licence is required for insurance purpose.
- Another advantage is you don’t need to appear for a driving test abroad.
The validity of an international driving licence is one year from its issuing date. The licence can be printed in different languages – English, French, Scandinavian, Portuguese, Spanish, German and many more. See how helpful it is. There is no issue verifying one’s credentials.
How to Get an International Driving Licence in India?
Getting an international driving licence is now easier than before because everything has been online. You can make your driving licence at your convenient pace. You can also go to the RTO office to bring the form. You need to fill it out and submit it with the application fees. It will take only 3-4 business days for processing. Let’s know this in detail.
- Grab the required form, “Form 4” or “Form for the issue of international driving permit”, from your nearest RTO office, or you can download it online, which will be discussed below.
- Fill out the form with your necessary details like names, address, valid driving licence number and of course, the details of the country you are travelling to.
- Attach all the necessary documents along with it.
- An applicant has to pay a processing fee prescribed by the RTO. The fee would be Rs 1000.
Necessary documents should be attached to the form
Along with the application form, one needs to submit all the related documents mentioned below.
- Voter or Aadhar card
- Copy of your Address and age proof
- Copy of your Passport along with the Visa
- Copy of your flight ticket
- Medical certificate
- Passport-sized photographs
Online submission procedure
As everything has gone online, why not get an international driving licence? You can apply for it online. You need to follow the below steps.
- Go to the official website of the “International Control Traffic Association”.
- Download the necessary form.
- Fill out all the details.
- Submit it with necessary documents and fees.
How to renew the international driving licence
At the time of the renewal, one becomes stressed over renewing the international driving licence, nothing to worry about that. An international driving licence is generally valid for 1 year. If you want to travel again, you need to renew it. Following a few simple steps can solve that issue.
- Visit the official website of the “International Control Traffic Association”.
- Fill out the form again.
- Attach recent passport-sized photographs.
- Attach the signed photocopy of the driver licence
- The same documents have to be submitted.
- Pay the required amount of fees.
- Take the test. If an individual looking for an international driving licence was given his permit within 3 months of his application, she/he should step through the driving examination again.
Countries that allow you to drive with an Indian Driving Licence
As it is important to make an international driving licence when you are driving abroad, there is a total of 15 countries that allow one to drive in their country with an Indian driving licence. Still, you have to follow some rules which depend on the countries rules and regulations. Let’s see what the countries are.
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
Nowadays, Indians are inclining more towards global travelling. An international driving licence is essential at that time because a national driving licence doesn’t work there. As it is internationally accepted, with this driver’s licence card, an Indian can rent or drive vehicles when they are visiting an outside country. All far off nationals visiting our nation are additionally mentioned to apply for this permit. An outsider with a substantial International driving permit can drive in India during their visit here.